What is Ancorpiu? It is the portfolio where I publish my jobs and the latest news about my projects. You can also download my pictures for personal and commercial purposes and even buy prints and receive them at home!
I’m Javier Acebal, a photographer who has also worked in a lot of things: I have worked as a graphic and web designer (sometimes I’m still doing it!), I have volunteered for social projects, I have produced artwork, coordinated cultural projects and I even run a marketing enterprise focused on the tourism industry: Oh-tel! Marketing.
Among my photography clients we can find the USA Embassy in Senegal; the Spanish Embassy in Senegal; Sightsavers; AECID; BL Harbert International or GOAL Ireland… and several hotels!
I try to combine my time between the humanitarian/commercial photography work and my personal projects.
I’m currently based in Senegal, but I have been in Ethiopia, Djibouti, Turkey, Morocco, Gambia and of course, Spain, my born country.
Below you can find more information about me:
- 2013. June-December. Spanish Cooperation 25th anniversary. Exhibits in the Consulate and the Embassy of Dakar. Spanish Embassy.
- 2013. May. Malagoree. Collective exhibition. Relais de l’Espadon, Goree Island. Los interventores.
- 2013. January. Photorek. Photo projections in different spots of Dakar city (Ouakam – Dakar & Toubab Diallao). Trias Culture.
- 2012, December. Partcours, l’art dans la cité. Photo projection in the Cervantes Spanish institute in Dakar. French Institute of Dakar.
- 2010. April-December. 1st Solidarity photography contest. Collective exhibition. Villadompardo Palace (Jaén), Lopera, Arjonilla, Torredelcampo, Segura de la Sierra, Cazorla, Huelma y Alcalá la Real. Jaén county council (Spain).
- 2010. June. I Photo contest “Andalucía Solidaria”. Group exhibition. Cómico Theater of Cordoba, Spain. International solidarity Andalusia Municipal Funds.
- 2010. April. I Intercultural dialogue and artistic creation meeting. Exhibition and conference. Victoria lecture hall and Film Library of Andalusia, Cordoba, Spain. Córdoba Acoge.
- 2010-2014. Women through the border: A trip from Senegal to Spain. The Neurosciences Institute Federico Olóriz, Granada. University of Granada.
- 2009. December. Women through the border: A trip from Senegal to Spain. Congress. Library of Andalusia and provincial library of Granada, Granada.
- 2009, November-February. Un volontariat, un voyage, une experience. Collective exhibition. CRIPA, Marseille; Point Afrique, Marseille.
1st Solidarity photography contest. Winner – Professional category. Diputación de Jaén (Spain), 2009.
- 30 photos for a global image to sum up my last 8 years in Africa.
- Have you ever seen a traditional bakery in Africa?
- Daily life in Senegal
- A posible monologue by a senegalese wrestler.
- Invictus No One – eBook PDF
- AECID: 25 years of Spanish cooperation. Photo assignment.
- Sightsavers in Senegal
- Spanish cooperation: change and impact
- Senegalese wrestling: the mystical sport.
- Circus of life